Whether traveling domestically or abroad on MIT-related travel, the Institute provides support resources to ensure your health and safety.
In order to support the MIT community traveling abroad on MIT-related travel, the Institute uses International SOS (ISOS) to provide international medical, security travel assistance, and safety information. In a travel emergency, please follow the instructions below:
Phone: +1-215-942-8478 MIT ID#: 11BSGC000066
*Call collect any time. International calling codes for the United States can vary please check this website for the correct code.
- Medical Emergency: seek care at the nearest medical facility. If you do not know where this is, or if follow-up and support services are needed, contact ISOS.
- Natural Disaster or Political Event (ex: civil unrest, terrorist attack, etc.), contact ISOS immediately.
- Criminal Event (ex: assault, robbery, etc.) contact ISOS. They will assist in providing further direction on contacting local resources.
For full information, please visit the MIT ISOS Page.
If an incident occurs that affects the off-campus MIT community members or those traveling domestically, the Institute will activate it’s Domestic Emergency Plan. The goal is to connect you to resources (police/fire/EMS, hospitals, lodging, shelters, etc.) that will aid your recovery. If you have an off-campus emergency, please follow the below instructions:
- Call 911 (to get immediate help from the local services).
- Then contact any MIT office, such as:
- MIT Police (617) 253-1212
- MIT Medical (617) 253-4481
- Human Resources (617) 253-4251
- Dean On Call (617) 253-1212
- Dean for Student Life (617) 253-8566
- Any department lead